Old May 14th 14, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Mayor sets out plan for 22-mile ring-road tunnel under London

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
12:22:55 on Wed, 14 May 2014, David Cantrell
remarked:
What a hare-brained idea! What would the portals do to their localities
and why would it divert anything from the streets in central London?

It would certainly make a big difference to the bits next to the
laughable south circular. That road is sufficiently awful that I often
find it quicker to just drive straight across London instead of using it.

Ah yes, the "South Circular"; once described as a 'collection of
signposts' rather than an actual road.

Still is, I believe, where I come from (Putney).

--
Colin Rosenstiel