Old May 16th 14, 10:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Mayor sets out plan for 22-mile ring-road tunnel under London

In message , at 11:21:23
on Fri, 16 May 2014, David Cantrell remarked:
I don't think you have absorbed the lessons of how roads generate new
traffic.

So do railways. So clearly it's pointless to build or upgrade railways
because they'll only get clogged up with pesky passengers.

Same with airports. Another runway or terminal, and all that happens is
more passengers clog them up.

On the other hand, we are told that better transport links grow the
economy, but Colin doesn't want that in his back yard, it seems.