Old May 16th 14, 02:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Mayor sets out plan for 22-mile ring-road tunnel under London

In article ,
(David Cantrell) wrote:

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 06:31:52AM -0500,
wrote:
In article ,
(David Cantrell) wrote:
It would certainly make a big difference to the bits next to the
laughable south circular. That road is sufficiently awful that I often
find it quicker to just drive straight across London instead of using
it.

I don't think you have absorbed the lessons of how roads generate
new traffic.

So do railways. So clearly it's pointless to build or upgrade railways
because they'll only get clogged up with pesky passengers.

Not at all. As has been demonstrated over the last 20 years, the railways
have handled huge increases in traffic surprisingly easily.

But anyway, you, my friend, appear to have not absorbed the lessons of
how junctions and conflicting movements impede traffic flow. THAT's the
problem of the south circular.

Ho, ho! How simplistic!

--
Colin Rosenstiel