Old May 18th 14, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Contactless payment on tube

On 18/05/2014 12:57, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 17:31:03 on
Sat, 17 May 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:
But when? A Cambridge Guided Bus "late Summer", or something else?

I still expect the rail mode rollout to happen in June or July -
barring the discovery of some system nasties in the trial. Hopefully
TfL and their contractors have debugged the system sufficiently to
avoid this happening.

Let's compare notes early August.

Why? - so you can go "nerr, nerr told you I was right about the
timing?"

Not at all. One of the topics which fascinates me is "vapourware", and I
collect examples of it. When it comes to transport ticketing it's like
shooting fish in a barrel, unfortunately.

Vapourware is stuff that never ends up happening, right? So are you
suggesting this somehow isn't going to happen?