Old May 25th 14, 04:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JNugent[_5_] JNugent[_5_] is offline

Default Mayor sets out plan for 22-mile ring-road tunnel under London

On 16/05/2014 11:35, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:21:23
on Fri, 16 May 2014, David Cantrell remarked:
I don't think you have absorbed the lessons of how roads generate new
traffic.

So do railways. So clearly it's pointless to build or upgrade railways
because they'll only get clogged up with pesky passengers.

Same with airports. Another runway or terminal, and all that happens is
more passengers clog them up.

Same with hospitals.

And new schools.

And even new housing.

They just fill up with new patients, new pupils and new occupants.

Colin must find it mystifying that we build anything at all.