Old May 29th 14, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Last two weeks of the C stock

Neil Williams wrote:
On Thu, 29 May 2014 12:24:00 +0100, "Richard J." wrote:
Thanks for the good news. Personally I shall be glad to see the last of
this awful C-for-cattle-truck class.

For the passenger, the S stock is so good in comparison that I don't
think the C stock will really be missed.

Yes, and the C stock has been allowed to get quite shabby, so that won't
help. Unlike with the A stock, with its deeply cushioned transverse seats
and luggage racks, there's really no downsides for pax with the S replacing
the C stock. The new trains are air-conditioned, longer and have through
gangways.

About the only snag is for people like us who now have to read the
destination signs to know if it's a Wimbleware or City train (etc), rather
than simply recognising A, C or D stock and knowing which line it's on.