Old June 4th 14, 01:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Boris bus in serious accident

On 04/06/2014 14:41, Recliner wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

On 04/06/2014 14:16, eastender wrote:
[...]
"Boris Johnson told reporters that the bus driver was ‘probably not at
fault’."
http://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/news...rash_1_3627559

Well that's nice of him.

I can't really see anything wrong with what he said (apart, perhaps, from
the thought that he might not have commented on it at all were it not for
the model of bus involved).

I wonder if he volunteered the comment, or was answering a reporter's
question? Probably the latter, I imagine.

I'd guess so too.

I assume that Boris buses have lots of cameras, no doubt some
forward-facing, so they may have a good record of what happened.

I know that road well - I thought there were speed cameras near the
crash site but maybe I'm mistaken.

There is at least one speed camera on that stretch, but they don't
necessarily stop such antics - slamming on the anchors to avoid getting
flashed just becomes part of the challenge, before then letting fly again
once the speed camera's road markings have been passed.

Yes, they probably view it as basically a sort of electronic chicane on the
virtual race track.

Also, the nearby Orient Way (junction onto Lea Bridge Road) is I think a
bit of a racetrack at night (a bit during the day too).