Old June 4th 14, 07:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth[_2_] Peter Smyth[_2_] is offline

Default Heathrow's new Terminal 2 opened this morning

Recliner wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

Thankfully a bit more low-key than the 'triumphant' opening of T5
in 2008!

Yes, they're sensibly phasing it in gradually over several months.
I'm not sure of the plans for T1 after this -- some of its gates will
be transferred to the new T2, but I assume the rest of T1 will then
be rebuilt in phases. I think it'll all be called T2, leaving T1 as
the number for the new terminal for the third runway.

I think ultimately it will be called Heathrow East, with T5 becoming
Heathrow West.

Peter Smyth