Old June 14th 14, 01:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Sunday night from Heathrow

In message , at 14:07:50 on Sat, 14 Jun
2014, Robin remarked:
I'd think much depends on your getting the more precise destination.
"West London" covers a big area. Even if it's just "the West End"
there's a significant difference between, say, Pimlico and Paddington
when it comes to late night pubic transport.

I don't know yet, it's currently midnight where they are. Previous
places have been in the Hammersmith area I think.

Perhaps a toss-up between
(a) hoping for tube + cab or HEX plus cab,

Tube and HEx will have closed.

(b) a pre-booked car which should be cheaper
than a cab all the way but more expensive than tube/HEX+cab. All to be
weighted by traveller's fitness, willingness to walk the streets of
Londonat 01:00, ability to fight off marauding gangs, .........

They are pretty good at navigating strange places at night.