Old June 14th 14, 01:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender[_4_] eastender[_4_] is offline

Default Sunday night from Heathrow

On 2014-06-14 11:35:06 +0000, Roland Perry said:

I have a colleague on a delayed flight who looks as if they'll be
landing Heathrow at 10.45pm Sunday night, and probably looking for ways
to get to West London at about midnight.

I think the chances of getting the 11.48pm last HEx are slim to none;
they aren't an EU citizen, will have hold baggage, and it's an A380.
The last tube is at 11.28pm

What does the team think?

(My initial thought is bonding with a few fellow-countryman delayed pax
en-route and sharing a cab for three.)

Your initial thought is good - last time this happened to me (landing
at LHR at about 2.00 am) I organised a minicab with some other
passengers (there weren't many of us though - it was a 777 from Paris
with about 10 people on board). There were no black cabs at that time
though.

Seems to me that the airline could suggest infromally that people share
cabs in these situations but it's probably against policy.

E.