Old July 19th 03, 05:31 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Clive Clive is offline

Default the quest for safety

In message , Steve Moore
writes

The alleged 'right of way' of pedestrians is, in the real world, an
irrelevance; cars are big and hard, pedestrians are small and
squashy... You can't argue technicalities about "but I had the right of
way" once you're dead. Stop arsing around with theoretical arguments
about 'right of way' and just use the Green Cross Code/Kerb Drill to
cross the road safely.

__Steve__

40 years ago when I was learning to ride a motorbike (unlimited cc.
then) I had drummed into me the verse,
"Here lies the body, of Albert J,
Who died maintaining his right of way,
He was right, dead right, as he drove along,
But just as dead as if he'd been wrong.
--
Clive