Old June 18th 14, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
yameste[_3_] yameste[_3_] is offline

Default Filthy Seats on the Underground esp. the Bakerloo Line

I agree just got on train from Wealdstone and was completely shocked at the state of the seats on the Bakerloo line. The seats were so filthy I had to put my just cleaned chinos in the wash. This line is so neglected its unreal !

On Wednesday, 4 June 2014 16:04:20 UTC+1, CJB wrote:
For some reason the seats on certain Underground trains are absolutely filthy - indeed BLACK with grime. Certain carriages on the Bakerloo Line seem to be the worst - threadbare, with black ingrained dirt, and obviously uncleaned for decades.

Its not simply thoughtless idiots putting their feet up onto the seats as happens on many National Rail services.

Neither is it building demolition / construction workers sitting on the seats in filthy work clothes.

Whatever both groups should be banned from trains.

But it appears to be a compete and utter lack of keeping the seats clean by T4L &/or its cleaning contractors.

The Bakerloo Line seats are filthy and black with ingrained dirt.

But who to complain to is a problem. No-one cares.

CJB