Old June 19th 14, 01:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
ken ken is offline

Default Public transport and the crime scene.

Offramp wrote:
I really think the Police have to be far more brutal in dealing with things like this. Does anyone remember when a few years ago there was an illegal demonstration by some Sri Lankans about God-know-what in Parliament Square? It went on for days, despite being illegal, and no buses were allowed through Parliament Square at all. I never did find out what the demo was about.

When some drunken bum runs over a stupid yutz in the high street, why not have officers take a couple of hundred photographs from all directions in 5 minutes, then put the body in a bag and take the car to the pound. The whole thing could be cleared in half an hour, possibly less.

Yes I do remember it, and the cost of policing it must have been
enormous, every police station in the London area was having to send
people to help police it.

Anyway, so boy dies, family and friends say police should have stopped
it. Police say they didn't stop it because no crime was committed and if
a boy wishes to drink beer laced with ketamine it's up to him. Next day
whole bus and tram interchange is taped off as a crime scene.