Old June 23rd 14, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_3_] Basil Jet[_3_] is offline

Default Wimbledon to London Bridge?

On 2014\06\23 10:22, wrote:
In article ,
(Offramp) wrote:

It's been a few years.

I know that Horowitz is famous for his research and my belief when
this thread was started was that he chose Wimbledon to London Bridge
specifically because it was a lesser-known route. Was it a regular
route in the 1890s?

There was a line connecting Waterloo and Waterloo East across the Waterloo
concourse then so direct trains could have run from Wimbledon to London
Bridge.

The obvious route would be via Tooting, all of which was I think built
by 1890.