Old June 24th 14, 10:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tony Dragon Tony Dragon is offline

Default Wimbledon to London Bridge?

On 23/06/2014 14:47, TiaMariaJim wrote:

In article ,
says...

It's been a few years.

I know that Horowitz is famous for his research and my belief when this thread was started was that he chose Wimbledon to London Bridge specifically because it was a lesser-known route. Was it a regular route in the 1890s?

The Breadshaw reprint for August 1887 shows a regular service via
Tooting, Tulse Hill and Peckham Rye. These include journeys via Hayden's
Lane and via Merton Abbey.

TMJ

The Tooting, Merton & Wimbledon Railway & the reason that Tooting was
called Tootin Junction.

---