Old June 25th 14, 09:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default TfL acknowledges contactless technology risk

On 25/06/2014 11:00, David Walters wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 22:48:42 +0100, wrote:
Speaking of contactless technology, is anybody else here on the pilot
programme?

Yes.

If so, then what has your experience been of dealing with TfL staff?
Mine has been that they don't have a clue about the pilot programme.

I've only been inspected once which was on the DLR. The member of staff
didn't appear to know what to do but moved on to the next passenger
after seeing my pilot membership card.

I had a problem with use of it once, and I went to the wick to ask the
staff about it. The person there simply told me that payment with
contactless cards wasn't yet possible. When I told them that it was and
showed them my pilot card, that individual simply had no idea what this was.

Same thing happened when I tried to exit at another station; When I told
the gate attendant that it wasn't working, that individual told me that
such a system wasn't yet in place.

I also used it at London Bridge station for NR, and one of the
attendants who saw it told me that it wasn't possible yet to use
contactless. I just told that individual that it was possible and
continued to walk on.