Old June 25th 14, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default TfL acknowledges contactless technology risk

On 25/06/2014 21:33, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 25/06/2014 15:30, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message , Tony Dragon
writes

The Freedom Pass also can clash (error 94 on the reader)

That's (very) rarely a clash but a mis-read when someone waves their
card about and expected the reader to magically read it. Freedom pass
users are one of the worst offenders at this but not unique.

A proper CPC clash is 70 or 71 which is reporting it's detected 2 cards
or a read error.

Those more observant of you may have noticed that recently the UTS gates
have had a software upgrade and many of these codes now report a 'plain
text' translation of the error code on the second text line.

Lets see, Freedom Pass in wallet, Debit Card in wallet, gates don't open.
Remove either, gates open.
So a card clash.

---
protection is active.

I wonder if TfL uses different types of readers? I ask, because, before
I joined the Contactless pilot programme, I would carry my Oyster card
along with a Smart Card from another city on the Continent. Some readers
would have a problem with two cards together, while others would not
give a toss.