Old June 26th 14, 07:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default TfL acknowledges contactless technology risk

Mizter T wrote:
On 26/06/2014 08:00, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 20:30:47 on
Wed, 25 Jun 2014, Scott remarked:
Can Tfl assure me that I get a red light and not credit the wrong card.

If you keep the other card out of the way, I assume this will be the
situation. If you pay using the wrong card, is it the end of the
world?

If you touch in and out with different cards, you will get two
unresolved journeys (unless they a scheme for registering multiple
credit cards to one account and combining all the day's touches - which
I don't think is what they do).

That's definitely not on the agenda - apart from the massively
unnecessary systems complication and equally spectacular user confusion
it'd cause, it would also enable two or more people to travel around
concurrently and have their journeys capped that day as if they were one person.

Yes, that's a very good point.