Old June 27th 14, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default TfL acknowledges contactless technology risk

wrote in message
In article ,
(tim.....) wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 22:15:28 +0100, "
wrote:

Their main experience of CBCs will, of course, be when TfL launches
their facility that will cover the zonal area. It will be
interesting
to see what happens to the relative balance of ticket products and
sales. The London TOCs that were so resistant to Oyster were
perfectly delighted to see their ridership and revenue soar once it
was extended to their services.

Did that really happen? I find it hard to believe that a near
doubling of fares (introduction of Oyster Zonal pricing has removed
the 49% day return discount, without making the one way journey any
cheaper) resulted in increased ridership

Not exactly. It halved the Vauxhall-Putney single fare for me. I was told
this was to stop day returns going up too much.

Really!

It's difficult to check on the previous fares but you can do some
comparisons with the current fares from outside the boundaries

Fare from Ashford (Middx/Surrey depending upon day of the week) to London -
outside of Oyster: DR 9.90

Fare from Felltham, inside Oyster, based on Zonal one way fares DR 13.30

How can that be of the benefit to the travelling public?

tim