Old June 27th 14, 03:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default TfL acknowledges contactless technology risk

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at
07:52:57 on Fri, 27 Jun 2014, Matthew Dickinson
remarked:

ITSO on c2c is available now , so the 2017 rollout must refer to either
payment at ticket offices, or a similar scheme to TfL.

Can you get a TfL Travelcard on C2C ITSO (or more to the point, will TfL
recognise it?)

Similarly, have C2C already implemented ITSO-purse purchasing of walk-up
tickets at machines?

current ITSO news as of June 16th:

"c2c's ITSO-compliant Smartcard can now be loaded with Anytime Weekday and
Off-Peak Returns, plus weekly, monthly and annual season tickets and used at
sfor (sic) stations between Shoeburyness/Southend and Tilbury Town/West
Horndon"

London travelcards are part of phase II from October

http://www.c2c-online.co.uk/tickets-...art-card/index

http://www.itso.org.uk/

It doesn't say how you actually pay for the tickets that you load onto the
card, so I guess that is by putting some form of payment into the ticket
machine at time of purchase. Nor does it say if the purchased tickets are a
store of open tickets or only for a designated date.

So the only "biggie" here is that you can buy (and presumably pay) online
and pick up your ticket at the gate (or not),

I think we're back to the discussion that we had before about this being
nothing more than an electronic "paper ticket" (with online purchase option)

tim