Old June 27th 14, 07:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default TfL acknowledges contactless technology risk

wrote in message
In article ,
(tim.....) wrote:

wrote in message
In article ,

(Roland Perry) wrote:

In message ,
at 06:26:30 on Fri, 27 Jun 2014, Matthew Dickinson
remarked:
It looks like National Express Essex Thameside plan to roll out CPC
ticketing across their network

http://nationalexpressgroup.com/medi...?newsitem=1355

"Smart ticketing across the route from day one, with route-wide
contactless payment rolled out in 2017."

They are the DfT's chosen pilot for ITSO, so I expect the contactless
payment will be from your ITSO wallet, not your credit card.

ie CPC= Contactless Payment Card, not Contactless Credit Card

It barely qualifies for the term "network" though, having just one
point-to-point line with a loop via Greys. Which also explains why
they have good performance figures. No pesky late-running
cross-country trains from Bristol to Edinburgh competing for their
assets.

Or a loop via Grays even.

ps: "Passengers given a new right to be sold the cheapest ticket for
any c2c journey and compensation if they are not."

Isn't this the case already?? Or is it in fact a right to be sold the
cheapest ticket, but no redress if you aren't.

How many possible cases are there of not being sold the cheapest
ticket?

Not being given the "weekend" return price

ISTR someone complaining about the TMs at Cambridge(/Ely) not
offering these

You and Roland are missing the point I was making which applied solely to
C2C.

perhaps, but I did chose that example because it is an available ticket type
on C2C

tim