Old June 29th 14, 02:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default TfL acknowledges contactless technology risk

"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote

"tim....." wrote

Except for ITSO concession cards. Stagecoach have implemented limited
smartcard facilities and handle bus passes automatically, as do Whippet
round here.

I though all local buses were supposed to handle oldies bus passes

electronically - it's TfL who are behind the curve on this one.

Certainly all in Kent and Hants do

"all" ?

No requirement for electronic acceptance at all.

I note that North Surrey have 10 operators(most very small) + TFL. The
only

one that accepts National bus pass touches is Arriva

And to update, as of today, my Abellio bus (route 458) wanted my ITSO
National concession card touched on its yellow pad and issued me a paper
ticket when the light went green.

--
Mike D