Old June 30th 14, 09:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default TfL acknowledges contactless technology risk

In message , at 09:48:12 on Mon, 30 Jun
2014, Roland Perry remarked:
For other situations, like the one I had yesterday[1], you can
disambiguate some of them by waiting until the journey finishes before
deciding.

Forgot to say that on arrival in London it should have been obvious I
wasn't using the Cambridge-Ely ticket yet.

Although that has other problems like I didn't get off and back on the
train home at Cambridge, so wouldn't be able to touch-out the return
half from London and touch-in the single to Ely. In fact most "Break of
Journey" situations and "split ticketing" stop working as soon as you
go 'paperless'

[1] Bought tickets at Cambridge for both London and Ely, intending to
travel Cambridge-London-Cambridge-Ely.

My journey yesterday could of course have been made on a pair of
singles, avoiding the issues at Cambridge completely. But not with
current pricing models where the single is only 10p less than the
return.