Old July 2nd 14, 10:12 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default FCC censoring information at Luton Airport Parkway

In message , at 11:01:53 on
Wed, 2 Jul 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:
What is interesting about the 7 minute reference is that it refers to
"connection time* not the time from arriving at the station to
reaching the platform. I went to FCC's own timetable pdf booklet on
their website to check. The time parameter is shown in a box beside
the station name.

Here's the quote from their booklet.

"Please ensure you leave enough time to change trains. At most
stations you should leave at least ?ve minutes. At some stations a
longer connection time is required.

Which goes to show that FCC admit it's a problem station if you have to
allow two minutes longer to interchange due to the layout. Although even
the most pessimistic can't believe it takes 7 minutes to use an
overbridge. I wonder if these timings assume you have to go from the
arrival platform to the ticket hall (to discover the departure platform)
and then back again?

This will be indicated by a number
in a box within the timetable, e.g. 10 denotes that at least 10
minutes should be allowed to change trains."

Clearly the FCC station manager cannot read a timetable booklet. I
would have thought that was a fairly basic part of the skill set for
someone running a station.

Don't get me started on the skill sets exhibited...