Old July 2nd 14, 01:06 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default FCC censoring information at Luton Airport Parkway

In message , at 12:55:42 on
Wed, 2 Jul 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:
"Please ensure you leave enough time to change trains. At most
stations you should leave at least ?ve minutes. At some stations a
longer connection time is required.

Which goes to show that FCC admit it's a problem station if you have to
allow two minutes longer to interchange due to the layout. Although even
the most pessimistic can't believe it takes 7 minutes to use an
overbridge. I wonder if these timings assume you have to go from the
arrival platform to the ticket hall (to discover the departure platform)
and then back again?

I suspect the timings are set for people who are encumbered and need
to use lifts or struggle with stairs. As an airport station that seems
a reasonable assumption

Why are airline passengers *changing* trains at Luton Airport Parkway?

and it also gives FCC a "get out clause" if
people miss trains. I've never been to Luton Airport but as it's a
relatively new station I assume there are lifts to every platform.

It's a bit odd to picture because the ticket office and entrance is at
ground level but above that there's a mezzanine floor with
shop/toilets/seating that opens out to platform 4 (northbound fast)
which like all the platforms is raised above ground level.

A lift from ground to mezzanine, which continues up to the overbridge.
From the overbridge there are lifts down to platforms 1 and 2/3.