Old July 2nd 14, 05:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default FCC censoring information at Luton Airport Parkway

In message , at 12:07:24
on Wed, 2 Jul 2014, remarked:

I've never made the acquaintance of Luton Airport Parkway station.

I used it quite a bit for catching Easyjet flights to Europe. But the
rail service northwards (to Nottingham etc) is pants, especially at
unsocial hours, so I drove down the M1 more often than taking the
train.

Several combination trips too. For example driving to Luton Parkway
then catching the train to Getwick, returning to the car park via
Luton Airport and the shuttle bus; and the opposite way round that
circle. It just depends on the airline schedules.

It's not very accessible by public transport from Cambridge (or Ely) though,
is it?

No it isn't. So my focus for any future trips would change to Stansted/
Gatwick rather than Luton/Gatwick. I was only using Luton when East
Midlands didn't have a suitable flight and because it was on the M1/MML
corridor.

East Midlands Airport seems to be struggling these days without BMIbaby
and Easyjet. Although Flybe has taken over some routes the only flight
to Amsterdam is now a useless 1pm out and 4pm back [both local time].