Old April 19th 04, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham J Graham J is offline

Default Oystercard and penalty fares

I heard over the weekend that I'd be working in central London, but
couldn't
renew it by phone due to the short notice.

I don't think they are doing their customers any favours by their heavy
promotion of phone and online renewal which requires two days notice and a
nominated tube or DLR station. They really ought be be emphasising more
that you can pop into your local 'Ticket Stop' and get it done on the spot.
There must be a heck of a lot of customers who need to use bus or national
rail in order to get to a tube or DLR station, if indeed they pass through
one at all, but who have never got into the habit of popping in to their
local newsagent for tickets.