Old April 19th 04, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Oystercard and penalty fares

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 at 18:43:13, Graham J wrote:

I don't think they are doing their customers any favours by their heavy
promotion of phone and online renewal which requires two days notice and a
nominated tube or DLR station. They really ought be be emphasising more
that you can pop into your local 'Ticket Stop' and get it done on the spot.
There must be a heck of a lot of customers who need to use bus or national
rail in order to get to a tube or DLR station, if indeed they pass through
one at all, but who have never got into the habit of popping in to their
local newsagent for tickets.

Hmph - my local newsagent refused to sell me an Oyster card, and
insisted on issuing a paper ticket (one month Travelcard), just when I
told him that was not what I wanted. So the following month I bought my
Oyster card on-line, as much easier than having to argue with stroppy
newsagent!
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004