Old July 3rd 14, 04:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default Buses go cashless from 6 July 2014

On Wednesday, 9 April 2014 19:01:15 UTC+1, Paul Corfield wrote:

Official media sources on Twitter are saying TfL buses go cashless from 6 July 2014.

Only a few more days to go. I am going to try and use buses far more often on Sunday 6th and Monday 7th. I want to sit near the driver and have a wonderful laugh!

I might have a pilgrimage around the more volatile bus routes, such as the 109 or the 36 - no laughter there, of course. Just a concerned, compassionate thumbs-up towards the 7-ft monster trying to rip the perspex from the driver's cab.

So what will bus drivers do on Sunday & Monday?

A) An absolute NO to anyone with no Oyster and no cash?
B) A cheery, "I'll let you off this time, matey!", and let him or her travel?
or C) For the fuglies and pinheads, a massive boot out the door. For the beautiful people and psychopaths - free travel.

My bet is C.

Also, I think clever people will simple crack their Oysters so it is unreadable then go on and on and on about how they put £10 on it yesterday. The driver wil probably get bored of talking about it after 5 minutes.