Old July 3rd 14, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default TfL acknowledges contactless technology risk

On Thu, 3 Jul 2014 15:09:33 +0000 (UTC),
d wrote:
I never thought ticketing systems could get any more idiotic, but

it looks
like I was wrong. This sounds like a master class in technology for

its own
sake and to hell with the passenger.

I am broadly inclined to agree. Oyster made a lot of sense, as does
the contactless development of it, but it does not apply at all well
to longer distance journeys. I remain of the view that barcode based
(with future NFC expansion) print at home and mobile tickets would
have been a better development.

Neil

--
Neil Williams. Use neil before the at to reply.