Old July 3rd 14, 07:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Buses go cashless from 6 July 2014

"Offramp" wrote

Official media sources on Twitter are saying TfL buses go cashless from 6
July 2014.

Only a few more days to go. I am going to try and use buses far more often
on Sunday 6th and Monday 7th. I want to sit near the driver and have a
wonderful laugh!

I might have a pilgrimage around the more volatile bus routes, such as the
109 or the 36 - no laughter there, of course. Just a concerned,
compassionate thumbs-up towards the 7-ft monster trying to rip the perspex
from the driver's cab.

So what will bus drivers do on Sunday & Monday?

A) An absolute NO to anyone with no Oyster and no cash?

B) A cheery, "I'll let you off this time, matey!", and let him or her
travel?
or C) For the fuglies and pinheads, a massive boot out the door. For the
beautiful people and psychopaths - free travel.

My bet is C. Also, I think clever people will simple crack their Oysters
so it is unreadable then go on and on and on about how they put £10 on it
yesterday. The driver wil probably get bored of talking about it after 5
minutes.

Is there any scope for offering to accept their cash (no change given) and
use your contactless or Oyster ?

One for even stops and the other for odd ?

And if they claim only to have a £20 note, sell an Oyster with £10 on it ?

--
Mike D