Old July 4th 14, 07:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Serco loses DLR operating franchise to Keolis Amey joint venture

Mizter T wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28157128

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-2680393/

I thought the general consensus was that Serco did a good job running the
DLR. I wonder if there are wobbles ahead as the reigns are handed over?

Perhaps, though the DLR is in an unusually stable period at the moment,
with no new lines, stations, signalling systems, ticketing systems or
vehicles coming into service any time soon. There's a bit more doubling of
the Stratford to Bow Road section, but I can't think of anything else on
the agenda right now, so if you are going to swap operators, this is a less
risky time than most.