Old July 4th 14, 11:33 AM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default What's it(!) with Uber?

wrote in message
In article ,
(tim.....) wrote:

"JNugent" wrote in message
On 03/07/2014 15:12, tim..... wrote:

"Someone Somewhere" wrote in message

Hey - and look something relevant to the subject header and London!
Makes a change from Cambridge minicabs (no Uber in Cambridge...)

http://thenextweb.com/uk/2014/07/03/...s-uber-operati
ng-lawfully-london/

I await the return of Mr Nugent to say "sorry" to me

The matter will not be finally decided - or decided at all - until
it is decided in a court.

Transport against London is not a court and their decisions can be
judicially reviewed.

But who's going to take it to court?

And who's going to prosecute individual minicab drivers (the ones who
are, otherwise, correctly registered and insured).

If TfL think there is no point as they wont win, who's going to do
it? In fact, who else has the right to do it

Isn't the point for them not going to the High Court that private
prosecutions have been taken out by the Licensed Taxi association?

Maybe I misunderstood the article, but I thought that was only against some
Uber drivers who were completely "unregistered"

tim