Old July 14th 14, 11:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Croxley rail link additioanl funding.

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
09:34:54 on Mon, 14 Jul 2014,
remarked:
A certain amount of the track work and signalling already exists for
Cambridge Science Park's bay platform, perhaps surprisingly. They
are left overs of the former St Ives branch, including what will
become the starting signal(!).

I would be shocked if any of it was still usable barring the odd bit
of conduit here and there. The last train ran over 20 years ago
accordingto t'interweb.

You are probably looking at the records for the line to St Ives. The
new station is being built on the old Chesterton Sidings, which
continues to have aggregates traffic to the Lafarges site.

Neither. The St Ives exit signal has been maintained and remains on the
Cambridge panel. I've seen it with my own eyes.

I'm not sure I understand. Is there a St Ives exit signal from the
sidings area as well as signals allowing entry into the sidings area?
For the station you'd only need the latter.

It's what's left of Chesterton Junction and will become the bay platform
starter, AIUI.

--
Colin Rosenstiel