Old July 15th 14, 12:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Oyster PAYG Extensions

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 11:46:52 +0100, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:39:04 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

Talking of which, it's gone very quiet on the "Contactless" rollout on
the tube.

Expect to hear something very soon. The Mayorwatch blog tweeted
yesterday that TfL had given them a briefing on contactless fares. I
assume this is in anticipation on a launch announcement very soon so
that the media / social media don't give out confusing messages!

The big railway doesn't seem very ready for a proper launch yet. I was
ticket inspected on a train last week and the inspector didn't have a
way of checking my contactless card and although he had heard about the
pilot he had never actually seen a membership card before and didn't
know what they looked like. Felt a bit like waving psychic paper about.