Old July 15th 14, 06:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Dickinson Matthew Dickinson is offline

Default Oyster PAYG Extensions

On Tuesday, 15 July 2014 18:17:27 UTC+1, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:00:13 -0700 (PDT), Matthew Dickinson

wrote:

On Monday, 14 July 2014 16:17:11 UTC+1, Paul Corfield wrote:

There is also a proposal to extend smart ticketing (Oyster isn't

specifically mentioned) to the Luton Airport bus shuttle to the

Parkway station. That could be interesting if it happens *and*

includes Oyster.

This pdf states that Oyster is the aim: "Smart ticketing to be introduced on bus link. Oyster Pay As You Go to be extended to cover services to/from Luton Airport Parkway, including bus link, subject to agreement with TfL"

http://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/c...%20 route.pdf

Hmm - I may have read that pdf too quickly the other day or Govia

might have tweaked the wording. I'm sure it wasn't quite that clear

about Oyster on the bus link. Thanks for the clarification.

The wording also raises another interesting question which is what

"extend Oyster to and from Luton Airport Parkway" really means. Does

it mean :-

a) from within the zonal area and existing "out boundary" Oyster

equipped stations just to Luton Airport Parkway.

b) from within the zonal area and existing "out boundary" Oyster

equipped station to / from stations from Elstree and Borehamwood up to

and including Luton Airport Parkway

c) from within the zonal area and existing "out boundary" Oyster

equipped station to / from stations from Elstree and Borehamwood up to

and including Luton Airport Parkway and all stations north thereof to

Bedford.

--

Paul C

Other interesting aspects are that EMT would have to accept PAYG, and if LAP is the limit, I can see demands for Luton itself to be included.