Old July 24th 14, 08:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default Gates open at Finsbury Park

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:59:19 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
Both of the above approaches are used elsewhere in the world so it's
not some "London is useless syndrome". Care to tell us how you'd
built connecting corridors under escalator banks at Bond St while
keeping the place open? And how to rebuild miles of track while
keeping trains running?

To be fair, I've never really understood why LU have to close a station
just because the lifts and/or escalators arn't working. There are these
things called stairs - in fact you could just switch the escalators off
and use them as stairs too - and so long as you make it perfectly clear to
passengers on the train beforehand that they'll have a bit of a hike to and
from the platform I really don't see what the issue is.

--
Spud