Old July 24th 14, 03:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default Gates open at Finsbury Park

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 12:30:01 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
And if there is a risk of ground settlement during excavation works?

If thats likely to happen I wouldn't want to be on a train running through!

There is no point turning escalators into fixed stairs and warning
people in advance. You will always have someone turn up who simply
cannot use them and will say "I never saw the poster / read the sign /
heard the announcement".

Thats just tough **** for them TBH.

Further there may be fire evacuation issues as stations assume they
are working to get people out. A fixed staircase may not provide
enough capacity in the event of needing to get people out.

Now that I hadn't considered.

close part of a station for three years for no good reason then I
might have more sympathy with those complaining.

It took them years to renew the escalators at holborn. I think the station
was built in less time.

--
Spud