Old August 7th 14, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tunbridge Wells

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

I have no proof but I get a "vibe" that the removal of Norman Baker
from the DfT has eased the "ITSO everywhere but no more Oyster"
stance. He was closely associated with the national smartcard concept
and I do wonder if he just stopped anything that might dilute the
adoption of ITSO. When Baroness Kramer moved across to Transport there
seemed to be a change because she was soon saying nice things about
Oyster possibly being accepted at Gatwick Airport. All crazy
speculation on my part but sometimes it is down to having the right
people in power to get things done.

Hmm. I know Norman Baker and Susan Kramer. I can see some sense in that,
based on how they might react to civil service pressure rather than their
own views as such. I'll do some digging.

--
Colin Rosenstiel