Old August 8th 14, 08:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
DRH[_2_] DRH[_2_] is offline

Default What is this bus ticket?

On Thursday, August 7, 2014 6:05:47 PM UTC+1, Offramp wrote:
Since July 6th 2014 (No Cash Day) I have been on many buses. Very often passengers are getting on, presenting an Oyster and being awarded with a small rectangular white bus ticket.

I am pretty sure that the Oyster cards being presented have no pay-as-you-go and no ticket on them - but does anyone know what is written on that paper ticket?

The main text reads:

There was no valid pass or enough money on this card so an emergency Oyster fare was charged. You must top-up the card to use it again or you could use a Contactless Payment Card in future.

DRH