Old August 8th 14, 11:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tunbridge Wells

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message ,
at 08:29:39 on Thu, 7 Aug 2014, Matthew Dickinson
remarked:
So Hampton Court, Tattenham Corner and others

Why not also Brentwood, or did they want to differentiate it from

Shenfield.

The difference with Hampton Court and Tattenham Corner is that they
are dead-end branches.

Which was probably the initial appeal of Hertford East as well.

Shenfield, while not being a dead-end, is very much the "edge of
London" (in a way that nether Harold Wood or Brentwood are) and a lot
of trains terminate there (6tph), also in future with Crossrail.

You probably know that area a lot better than me but I've never understood
why Shenfield has always been the limit of GE Main Line suburban services.
Why not Chelmsford, for example?

--
Colin Rosenstiel