Old April 20th 04, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Flash Wilson Flash Wilson is offline

Default Heathrow to Stansted with no stairs

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:38:22 +0100, Cheeky wrote:
Who advised them? A member of LUL station staff? If so, why didn't the
staff member offer to help them carry the case over the stairs?

Are they allowed to? When I was in hospital I was interested to note
that nurses can no longer lift patients. They have to use this big
winch!

Exactly. In supermarkets, staff helpfully pack my bags for me.
They pack some too heavy for me to lift and then won't lift them
into the trolley for me because they aren't allowed. Doh!

I always refuse to lift in the workplace because I know I can't
lift safely (i.e. with knees bent) and one of the H&S rules is
to take responsibility for your own safety. Perhaps there is a
reason along these lines for which employees in various situations
are advised not to lift.

--
Flash Wilson - http://www.gorge.org

Comments in my journal or guestbook are welcome!