Old August 9th 14, 09:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Tunbridge Wells

In message , at 13:54:57
on Fri, 8 Aug 2014, remarked:
There will be plenty of Cambridge or Ely to Science Park trains
already, and I don't think changing at Ely if you are commuting from
Lakenheath/Brandon etc is going to inconvenience more than a handful
of people.

I did think of saying "all passing electric trains" but I think the plan is
to stop Norwich trains at Cambridge Science Park.

The more I think abut it, the more it's daft to overcrowd the 3-car
Norwich trains with local traffic going one-stop. It's bad enough
already that they have the local Cambridge-Ely traffic on top of the
longer distance. (And the same goes for the Stansteds, although it's
obvious that Stansted-Science Park should be done without a change.

This is all a bit dependent on the Waterbeach development of course. I doubt
the initial Cambridge Science Park timetable will last.

Any increases will be constrained by the paths, both for the bay
platform and the throughput of trains on the various main lines.