Old August 9th 14, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster to Ebbsfleet?

In message , at 14:45:22 on Sat, 9 Aug 2014,
" remarked:

I would think that the first place they would want to set up
Oyster/Contactless outside of the zones is Brighton.

It's one of the places that Southern's "the Key" ITSO card supports. The
problems at the moment are at the London end, and finishing the much
delayed[1] 'ITSO on Prestige' project.

I don't know what the first place outside the zones was (there are a few
now). Brentwood/Shenfield perhaps [Jan 2013]? Assuming we don't count
Watford Junction.

- Close enough to London, and yet not that close

- High passenger volumes during the week and at the weekend.

- A lot of people who live in Brighton commute into London

- Brighton also has the moniker: "London by the Sea."

[1] ATOC in October 2010:

"ATOC is co-ordinating train company input into this exercise and
it is hoped that by the end of 2012, all TfL and National Rail
Oyster readers will be able to accept ITSO based Travelcards along
with Oyster and magnetic stripe tickets."

Does this qualify as vapourware?? Paging Mr Corfield!