Old August 11th 14, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Dickinson Matthew Dickinson is offline

Default Oyster to Ebbsfleet?

On Monday, 11 August 2014 15:30:05 UTC+1, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:01:32

on Mon, 11 Aug 2014, remarked:

Another possibility is they might use GN temporarily until

through-running starts, but that leaves the Kings Lynn-Kings Cross

services out on a limb.

Look at the GTR material which makes the planned use of the "Great

Northern" brand very clear,

For the duration, or just until Thameslink 2018 is finished?

Remember, I'm interested in what the PIS will say.

Comments like this one (Wikipedia) don't count, because FCC don't call

the trains GN (or even Thameslink) currently:

"From September 2014 Govia will take over Great Northern and Thameslink

routes from First Capital Connect, serving 122 stations and operating a

fleet of 226 trains."

http://www.govia.info/gtr/our-plans/

'Thameslink' identity restored for services running through central core; 'Great Northern' for Kings Cross/Moorgate services.

which says to me that the brand will be Great Northern for all services until 2018, after which it would be retained for the Kings Cross to Kings Lynn and the Moorgate to Welwyn and Hertford services only.