Old August 11th 14, 02:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster to Ebbsfleet?

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
09:01:32 on Mon, 11 Aug 2014,
remarked:
Another possibility is they might use GN temporarily until
through-running starts, but that leaves the Kings Lynn-Kings Cross
services out on a limb.

Look at the GTR material which makes the planned use of the "Great
Northern" brand very clear,

For the duration, or just until Thameslink 2018 is finished?

Remember, I'm interested in what the PIS will say.

Comments like this one (Wikipedia) don't count, because FCC don't
call the trains GN (or even Thameslink) currently:

"From September 2014 Govia will take over Great Northern and
Thameslink routes from First Capital Connect, serving 122 stations
and operating a fleet of 226 trains."

It's just the name of the line, not the brand name of the service.

I have in front of me "Factsheet 2" issued to stakeholders in Cambridge on
15th July. It has "Great Northern", "GTR" and "Govia" brands at the foot and
shows the "Great Northern 'Outer' services" including those from 2018 via
SPILL to Blackfriars and beyond. It's on the web at
http://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/c...t%202%20-%20Gr
eat%20Northern%20outer%20services.pdf

It's all at http://www.govia.info/gtr/.

even to argumentative Usenet users.