Old August 12th 14, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster to Ebbsfleet?

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
09:58:01 on Mon, 11 Aug 2014,
remarked:

I have in front of me "Factsheet 2" issued to stakeholders in Cambridge
on 15th July. It has "Great Northern", "GTR" and "Govia" brands at the
foot and shows the "Great Northern 'Outer' services" including those from
2018 via SPILL to Blackfriars and beyond. It's on the web at

http://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/c...et%202%20-%20G

reat%20Northern%20outer%20services.pdf

It's all at http://www.govia.info/gtr/.

I'm still wondering if "Great Northern" will be a sub-branding, like
GA's "Bittern Line" or EMT's "Robin Hood Line".

Not the way it is shown on that material. I assume you have looked at it?

Elsewhere there are suggestions they'll be keeping Southern and
Gatwick Express branding, as well as introducing Thameslink and GA.

It's what the Powerpoint says.

Are they really going to have four websites, four Android Apps, four
delay/repay schemes, smartcard schemes (etc etc). As well as four
different names on the PIS and NRES data feeds etc.

Does Stansted express do that?

Although it raises the interesting possibility that the cheaper
"Thameslink only" fares competing with "Any permitted" (in effect
Southern) fares on the Brighton line will remain.

[And booking sites do still offer those fares after the hand-over
date]

Intriguing point, especially as Southern have cheap through deals with GA.

--
Colin Rosenstiel