Old August 12th 14, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default No surprise: Crossrail to Tring proposal

Matthew Dickinson wrote:
The ideas in 2002 can be found at
http://74f85f59f39b887b696f-ab656259...w_document.pdf

Ah, that takes me back! It's amazing how much has changed since then: that
document still talks about Silverlink and of course there's no mention of
the Met going to Watford Junction. Nor, of course, had HS2 been envisaged
back then, and hence not the rebuilding of Ruston, either.

I guess the idea of taking over the Chiltern route didn't last long,
either. The south-eastern branch as actually being built is shorter than
they envisaged back then, too.