Old April 20th 04, 04:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Aidan Stanger Aidan Stanger is offline

Default Disabled 'to sue for Tube access'

From: "Richard J."

Complete rubbish. If a wheelchair user needs to access any level
other than ground level, a lift is required.

Oh, ramps won't do the job then? I must tell our local social
services department, who run a number of vehicles with ramps
rather than lifts about this - how remiss of them!

And this is of course so relevant when talking about access to deep
level tube stations. Ramps are famous for being sensible, space saving
ways of getting people several levels under the ground.

The discussion was not restricted to deep level tubes, and Richard J
widened it even further.

Ramps would be suitable to replace stairs at many stations, particularly
at above ground locations and on the District Line.