Old August 17th 14, 01:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default On the fly Transport Disruption ?

In message of Sun, 17 Aug 2014 08:06:54
in uk.transport.london, Roland Perry writes
In message , at 23:33:54 on Sat, 16
Aug 2014, Michael R N Dolbear remarked:

Is there any travel planner which accepts things like "not Jubilee" ?

The TfL journey planner allows a "via", but not an "avoid". However, by
careful choice of "via" you should be able to force the use of specific
lines (eg 'via Bank' in your example).

The old one allows via, but often ignores it.
The new one has no obvious support of via.
I include 2 versions of Kennington to Bank via Holborn.
Murphy's Law works and uses the "via" in
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...type_de stina
tion=stop&name_destination=BANK&type_via=stop&name _via=holborn
[Kennington Station is used as Kennington is viewed as ambiguous. ]

The result of the visually impaired version of that is more easily
transcribed.
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/bcl...ype_de stinat
ion=stop&name_destination=BANK&type_via=stop&name_ via=holborn

TfL Journey Planner

Date: 17.08.14
Departure 14:25

From: Kennington Station
To: Bank
Via: : Holborn
Restrictions: max. walking distance set to 20 minutes

Option 1:

14:21 From Kennington Underground Station
Take Northern Line towards High Barnet via Charing Cross
or Northern Line towards Edgware via Charing Cross to Tottenham Court Road Underground Station

Change on foot. Using . Transfer time: 4 minutes

14:34 From Tottenham Court Road Underground Station
Take Central Line towards Newbury Park Underground Station
or Central Line towards Epping Underground Station
or Central Line towards Hainault Underground Station
or Central Line towards Loughton Underground Station to Bank Underground Station

14:41 arrival at Bank Underground Station

Max. Journey Time: 00:20; Interchanges: 1

Option 2:
Etc.

The new Journey Planner does not support via at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/

I have yet to work out how to drive that site by composing a URL.
My first reaction to it was horror; I am now prepared to use it
manually, but it still has some obscene features. e.g. the background is
more than 80% an advert for Evian. A week ago, Harrow & Wealdstone (HAW)
offered 3 pages of alternatives - none was HAW. I reported that and
it is not broken now.

While the old sites work, I won't switch.

I failed miserably in trying to access the developer blog and the
Customer Support Centre at 0343 222 1234 seems to view "We have passed
on your comment" as a complete response.
--
Walter Briscoe